The Problem

Charity Name
Heart for Orphans, Inc

CFC Zone

Charity Type

CFC Number

Cause Area


The video only has instrumental music playing. These words show on the screen..."Here in Ukraine there are over 106,000 children living in government-run orphanages. Thousands more are living on the streets. Less than 20% of the children in orphanages are true orphans. The other 80% are considered social orphans. They were abandoned by, or removed from their parents due to alcoholism, drugs, poverty, or abuse. At the age of 15 or 16 they must leave the orphanage. Within two years of “aging out” it is estimated that 30% become addicted to alcohol and/or other drugs. 70% of the boys end up in jail or living a life of crime. 60% of girls end up being trafficked or in prostitution. 10-15% commit suicide. The story ends tragically for most. But not for all…" Heart for Orphans (logo)